Thursday, February 17, 2011

Early Lunch (Brunch?)

I have been up since 5AM this morning because I had to drop my friend off at the airport. He is going home for a few days to visit his family. He didn't even tell them that he was coming. That is going to be one heck of a surprise! Haha. I am so envious right now. I really wish I could have gone home but ticket prices are way to high right now for some random reason.(????) But then again, at least I won't be freezing my toes off in the fidget weather of the Northeast. It is so cold up there. My mum told me the other day that they still have lots of snow left from all the snow storms they had. And apparently, the weather is much warmer and is in the 40s.... Yeah. That part I defiantly do not miss. I am fine with my 77 degree weather and I like not having to wear my gloves, scarf, and jacket just to get the mail. Hahaha.

Anyways, since I was up so early I had to eat an early breakfast, which threw me off my schedule. I got hungry again at 10 AM! So... I ended up making myself some fish sticks and salad. They were both SO good. My mouth is watering just thinking about them again. Hahaha. I find that I actually like fish sticks. A lot. I dunno why I don't eat them more often. Anyways, the salad was also scrumptious. It was made of spinach, watercress, tomatoes, onions, and chickpeas (my favorite). The dressing was made by my good friend Toni. It was a recipe her mom gave her and she decided to share it with me. She actually made me a small jar (really, she made me enough for 5 salads. lol) of it so that I could see what it tastes like. It was so YUMMY. It was a blend of seasoned rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and honey Dijon mustard (in case anyone wants to try it). We decided to name it Toni's Delight (Yeah. I know. We are so original! Hahaha). And then to top off my brunch I also had a mango passion smoothie on the side. So delicious. I have recently become obsessed with these fruit smoothies and I have gotten a couple of my friends hooked. Maybe I will make a post on it. They are so yummy AND good for you.

Hoping you have a delicious lunch or brunch

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!